Focus and Scope
The Asian Journal of Management Studies (AJMS) is a double-blind peer-reviewed scholarly journal in the field of business and management. AJMS aims to publish scholarly work in the field of business, management and organizations in the local, regional and global arena. It is published twice a year (June and December) by the Faculty of Management Studies of the Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.
Benchmark Faculty’s Excellence Globally.
Invite, collaborate and encaged internal, external academics and researchers locally and internationally to update the knowledge and provide solutions for unsolved problems.
- To benchmark the faculty's contribution for the growth of body of knowledge in management science,
- To promote and provide convenient access to publish and disseminate the research works of our own staff, students and external researchers and
- To maintain the faculty journal as an updated channel to provide solutions for unsolved problems while maintaining the academic excellence in knowledge dissemination.
Embracing a multidisciplinary approach to the field, AJMS publishes papers on a wide range of topics related to business and management:
- Business economics
- Management theory and practice
- Marketing management
- Strategic management
- Entrepreneurship and small business management
- International business management
- Production and operations management
- Total quality management
- Human resources management
- Project management
- Information system management
- Tourism and hospitality management
- Contemporary issues in management
- Any other topic relevant to the above fields
The journal is addressed to diverse communities, including, but not limited to, academics, managers, economists, engineers, undergraduate and postgraduate students, anyone with a serious interest in the field of business and management.
The journal publishes two issues a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There is no embargo on the journal’s publications. Submission and acceptance dates, along with publication dates, are made available on the PDF format for each paper.
AJMS does not charge Article Processing Fees (APCs).
The articles in AJMS are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This journal is available for LOCKSS harvesting, to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. See LOCKSS harvesting start page.